The Saturday 19 June event for Float Your Boat was cancelled last week due to wet and windy weather. However, a smaller replacement event has been scheduled. Boat-ique, a smaller version of Float Your Boat with 11 boats will parade along the Eastern side of the lake this Saturday 26 June.
UPDATE: Float Your Boat is going ahead tonight (26 June). As per the current COVID-19 restrictions as of 6pm tonight, Lake Macquarie City Council recommends all attendees wear a mask. Please remember to stay home if you have any symptoms or have traveled to Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong. They will be managing safety during the event as per their COVID-19 Safety Plan. Ensure you scan the QR code and socially distance along the foreshore during the event.
Get your friends and family together and gather on the shores of Lake Macquarie to see boats pass by in this smaller Float Your Boat event organised by Lake Macquarie City Council.
A number of the local boats from last Friday’s event will return to the lake for the illuminated flotilla starting at Marmong Point Marina from 6pm and setting off toward Speers Point jetty, along the shared pathway between Speers Point and Eleebana, down to Warners Bay foreshore where there will be some great onshore activities and entertainment.
Join in at Warners Bay to enjoy live music and entertainment, magic shows, illuminated art installations, children’s activities and food trucks on shore from 5pm -9:30pm.
The flotilla will then continue on past Red Bluff Boardwalk, Lions Park Eleebana, Croudace Bay Park and Valentine Bowling Club, Bennett Park Valentine, Green Point Walk foreshore and Sea Eagle lookout, Lake Macquarie Yacht Club, Belmont Baths and foreshore before finishing up at Belmont 16s.
Saturday 26 June – Marmong Point Marina to Warners Bay, Eleebana, Valentine and Belmont
- 5pm to 9:30pm – Warners Bay Foreshore live site and winter extravaganza. Enjoy live music, entertainment, magic shows, food trucks, illuminated art installations and children’s activities.
- 6pm – Launch from Marmong Point Marina
- 6:30pm to 7:30pm – Warners Bay
- 8pm – Valentine
- 9pm – Belmont
Suggested viewing locations
- Speers Point jetty and eastern side of Speers Point Park
- Shared pathway between Speers Point and Eleebana
- Warners Bay Foreshore (live site)
- Red Bluff Boardwalk – Eleebana
- Lions Park – Eleebana
- Croudace Bay Park and Valentine Bowling Club
- Bennett Park – Valentine
- Green Point Walk, foreshore and Sea Eagle Lookout
- Lake Macquarie Yacht Club
- Belmont Baths and Belmont Foreshore
- Belmont 16s
* Times are approximate and may change. Allow for an hour outside these times.
Get together with friends and family to enjoy the event.
There are many ways you can enjoy the magic of Float Your Boat. Here’s a few ideas:
- Attend the live site events at Warners Bay on Saturday evening.
- Choose a spot on the lakefront for you and your family to get the perfect view of the flotilla. Pack some camp chairs and a picnic to enjoy the show, or watch your very own drive-in illumination show from the comfort of your car.
- Go out for dinner and enjoy the view of the boats at dining hubs in Warners Bay and Belmont.
- If you have lake views at your home, host a Float Your Boat BBQ with family and friends. Show your support to our boaties with the traditional “torch flash-back at ya” and let the evening sky light up!
For more information, visit Lake Macquarie City Council website.
Started in late 2012 by a local mum, Newy with Kids has grown into a thriving go-to family guide for the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie & Hunter region. Parents visit the Newy with Kids website to find things to do with babies, kids and teens. Whether it’s local attractions, upcoming events, kids eat free, school holiday activities or birthday party ideas, Newy with Kids is the best website for local parents to find local kid-friendly activities and information 24/7.