Want some gently used baby and kids clothing, toys or goods for a fraction of the retail price? Head to My Kids Market on Sunday 1 August. It’s back in Newcastle in 2021 at a brand new venue at Newcastle Showground Exhibition Centre in Broadmeadow.
Message from organisers:
Following today’s announcement that Greater Sydney, Wollongong and the Central Coast will remain in lockdown till Friday 30 July it is with utmost sadness we advise that our Newcastle Market on 1 August is unable to proceed under these current circumstances.
We understand that Newcastle is not directly affected by the lockdown, however, the following explains the reasons behind our decision:
- Event organisers and staff are from Sydney so there is no guarantee that we will be able to travel to Newcastle on this date if restrictions remain in place.
- Uncertainty of what restrictions will be in place at the time that may affect the operation of our event.
- No guarantee at this point as to whether the current lockdown will even end on 30 July as planned.
Once we took all of the above into consideration, there were too many unknowns and operating MKM under the circumstances would not be in the best interest of our MKM Community or the wider Newcastle Community.
Our next Newcastle Market scheduled for Sunday 21 November is our earliest opportunity to return to Newcastle given the current situation and limited venue availability so we look forward to seeing everyone in a few months time for a Market that will be BIGGER and BETTER than ever!
PLEASE NOTE: All Newcastle Stallholders have been emailed so please check your inbox.
At the market, families sell pre-loved items their kids have outgrown and shoppers score huge savings on everything for boys and girls including clothing, toys, books, shoes, bikes, prams, games, puzzles and more!
Local families can host a stall and turn their gently used baby and kids items into cash instead of adding them to landfill while savvy shoppers will save big on all the popular brands when buying quality pre-loved items at a fraction of the cost of buying new.
This is the place to find gently used baby and kids clothing, toys or goods for a fraction of the retail price. It’s the perfect place to buy furniture, prams, toys, clothes, books and just about anything for babies and children that doesn’t cost the earth.
(I’ve scored some great clothes for my child, some brand new with tags on as well as a second stroller)
The Market caters to all baby and kids needs from pregnancy and newborns to approximately 8 years of age. Market goers will find their favourite kids brands such as Country Road, Seed, Witchery Kids, Esprit, Cotton on Kids, Bugaboo, Safe ‘n’ Sound, Boori, Mountain Buggy and more.
Here are some of the most common baby & kids goods available at My Kids Market.
- Maternity wear
- Baby & kids clothes
- Toys & games
- Baby & kids books
- CDs & DVDs
- Trikes & bikes
- Cots & linen
- Prams & strollers
- High chairs, playpens & safety fences
- Swings, rockers & bouncers
- Change tables
- Cubby houses
Tip: Bring lots of bags with you. The bigger the better!
Shoppers will also find a handpicked selection of local business stalls showcasing their unique brand of new/handmade goods or services with exclusive Market day Specials.
Dates: Sunday 1 August (CANCELLED) and Sunday 21 November 2021
Time: 9am to noon
Location: Newcastle Showground Exhibition Centre, Brown Road, Broadmeadow
Cost: Adults $4. Kids free.
My Kids Market will be operating under the following COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- Please do not attend the market if you have a temperature or are feeling unwell.
- All MKM Shoppers and attendees will be required to follow the current NSW social distancing guideline of 1 person per 4square metres.
- All attendees will be required to wear a face mask.
- QR Code Check in via the Service NSW app prior to entering the venue.
- Prior to 9am, all shoppers and attendees may be required to queue outside the venue to avoid overcrowding inside.
- Separate Entry and Exits doors may be in operation
- Covid Marshalls will be positioned at the Entry and Exit to monitor the flow of shoppers in and out of the venue.
- Should the venue reach capacity, shoppers will be required to wait at the Entry and follow directions from the Covid Marshalls prior to entering the Market.
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing at all times this includes queuing, shopping as well as when entering and exiting the venue.
- Practice good hand hygiene using the sanitiser stations located at the entry, exit and at the stalls. We also suggest bringing a personal bottle of hand sanitiser to the Market.
- Have correct change ready for your $4 entry fee or opt to pay via Square Pay.
- Consider using cashless payment options at Stalls where possible.
- BYO shopping bags for all of your bargains!
For more information about My Kids Market, visit http://www.mykidsmarketnsw.com.au
Want more tips for saving money? Check out the Newy with Kids 101 Tips to Save on Family Expenses article.
Started in late 2012 by a local mum, Newy with Kids has grown into a thriving go-to family guide for the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie & Hunter region. Parents visit the Newy with Kids website to find things to do with babies, kids and teens. Whether it’s local attractions, upcoming events, kids eat free, school holiday activities or birthday party ideas, Newy with Kids is the best website for local parents to find local kid-friendly activities and information 24/7.