Looking for a Christmas or end of year gift for a teacher to say thanks for all their efforts in educating kids. Here’s a few ideas for small gifts for teachers to show your appreciation.
- A mug, Keep cup or other reusable coffee cup
- Movie passes
- Retail gift cards
- Aromatherapy products for relaxation after a long school year. (Check out local company Fleurette Aromatherapy, a fave of mine for gifts)
- Christmas ornament
- Personalised Tim-Tams available at Giftorium at Myer Charlestown or other chocolates
- A present for the classroom like a mobile or poster
- School supplies that they can use e.g. Pens, Post-it notes, diaries or a gift certificate so they can buy their own from specialty stores like Kikki.K
- An Oxfam gift card donated in their name which provides a e.g. safe drinking water for a family in a developing country
- A thoughtful notes or a student-made gift
*For NSW public school teachers, the Department of Education advises their staff that they have to disclose any gifts over a nominal amount of $50. Something to keep in mind if you wanted to organise a larger gift with a group of other parents.
Started in late 2012 by a local mum, Newy with Kids has grown into a thriving go-to family guide for the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie & Hunter region. Parents visit the Newy with Kids website to find things to do with babies, kids and teens. Whether it’s local attractions, upcoming events, kids eat free, school holiday activities or birthday party ideas, Newy with Kids is the best website for local parents to find local kid-friendly activities and information 24/7.