Do you know about the $180 NSW Family Energy Rebate? Applications are now open for the 2019 – 2020 Rebate and you can apply online.
The Family Energy Rebate (FER) helps NSW family households with dependent children to cover the costs of their energy bills. The FER is available to applicants who were eligible for and received the Family Tax Benefit (FTB) from the Department of Human Services (DHS) in the previous financial year.
The Family Energy Rebate provides:
- $180 a year to eligible customers that do not hold a DHS Concession Card or Health Care Card; or,
- $285 a year a year to eligible customers that hold a DHS Concession Card or Health Care and also qualify for the Low Income Household Rebate.
You can apply if you are:
- A resident of NSW; and
- The account holder of your electricity account with an electricity retailer or an on-supplied electricity account holder; and
- The recipient for the FTB during the previous financial year.
Please note: your FTB must have been finalised by the DHS before you submit an application for the FER. To check this you can contact the DHS on 136 150.
Check eligibility on the website. You can complete an application online in just a few minutes if you have a recent energy bill handy. This form is accessible from an internet-connected desktop computer, smartphone or tablet. Your application begins processing the moment you submit it. You’ll need your contact details, most recent electricity bill and your Customer Reference Number issued to you by the Commonwealth Department of Human Services (DHS). Your CRN is listed on the top left hand side of the Family Tax Benefit (FTB) correspondence you receive from DHS.
Your rebate will appear as a credit on your electricity bill once, for each financial year. When the credit appears on your electricity bill will depend on the billing cycle of your electricity retailer, after your application for the Family Energy Rebate has been approved.
You can also download a paper application form and submit it by email or post to NSW Resources and Energy.
Application Submission Deadline: 11pm Thursday 18 June 2020.
For more information, visit the NSW Resources and Energy website.
Latest posts by Newy with Kids (see all)
- Enjoy Family Flicks at Newcastle Permanent Cinema Under the Stars - September 19, 2019
- Enjoy Spectacular Views & Nature on theAwabakal Walk - September 18, 2019
- The 15 Best Board Games to Play on Family Game Night - September 17, 2019