You’re Kidding Me Family Expo is on again for 2019, it’s seventh year! In an effort to connect families with local services and programs, Lake Macquarie City Council is hosting a free family expo on Wednesday 15 May, from 9.30am – 12.30pm at Event Cinemas Glendale at Stockland Glendale.
The Expo brings together children and family services from all around Lake Macquarie and the Hunter Region including family health nurses, speech therapists, child development experts, and psychologists. Newy with Kids will also be there, so come and say hello!
Parents can get free car seat checks with KidSafe, free speech screening assessments and free child development assessments as well as access to NDIS services, child development and parent support.
Kids will have fun at the kids entertainment zone as well as enjoying music with Julie Logan Music and a reptile show with Wetlands on Wheels.
Discover the variety of programs, resources and services that parents and families can access in Lake Macquarie.
- 9.30am CPR for babies
- 10.10am Nutrition for new mums
- 10.30am Music with Julie Logan
- 10.50am Reptile show with Wetlands on Wheels
- 11.20am Yoga for parents and kids
- 11.40am Energy savings for your house
9.30am – 12.30pm
- Free car seat checks
- Free face painting with Bunnings
- Free child development assessments with First Chance
- Free speech screening assessments with Early Start Speech
- Access to NDIS services, child development and parent support
- Meet your local neighbourhood centres
- Kids entertainment area and workshops
- Free gross motor milestones check with Family Chiropractic Charlestown
For more information, visit the Lake Macquarie City Council website.
Started in late 2012 by a local mum, Newy with Kids has grown into a thriving go-to family guide for the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie & Hunter region. Parents visit the Newy with Kids website to find things to do with babies, kids and teens. Whether it’s local attractions, upcoming events, kids eat free, school holiday activities or birthday party ideas, Newy with Kids is the best website for local parents to find local kid-friendly activities and information 24/7.