The Hunter’s biggest children and family expo, You’re Kidding Me Family Expo is back for 2022! In an effort to connect families with local services and programs, Lake Macquarie City Council is hosting a free family expo on Friday 20 May, from 9.30am – 12.30pm at The Place Charlestown Community Centre (at Charlestown Square).
The You’re Kidding Me Expo is designed to improve accessibility to health, education and family services for kids by connecting families to valuable information about local services that support the learning and development of young children.
The Expo brings together children and family services from all around Lake Macquarie and the Hunter Region including family health nurses, speech therapists, child development experts, and psychologists.
Newy with Kids will also be there, so come and say hello! We’ll have some goodies to give to you and your child.
Free 15-minute speech scans, car safety checks, a reptile show and workshops on improving babies sleep and the power of music are just some of the activities available at the Friday 20 May event.
Kids will have fun at the kids entertainment zone as well as enjoying music with Julie Logan Music and a reptile show with Wetlands on Wheels.
Discover the variety of programs, resources and services that parents and families can access in Lake Macquarie. The You’re Kidding Me expo is run in partnership with Northcott Disability Services and The Place, Charlestown Community Centre. Workshops are free, but bookings are essential.
- 9.30am – Doors open
- 10am – Baby sleep workshop with Natalie Ebrill
- 10.30am – Music demonstration workshop with Julie Logan Music
- 11am – Reptile encounter with Hunter Wetlands on Wheels
- 11am – Fine motor development assessments
- 11.30am – Q&A session with Natalie Ebrill
- 12pm – Music demonstration workshop with Julie Logan Music
- 12.30pm -Close
Running between 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Free car seat checks with Safe Car Travel Solutions
- Free child fine and gross motor development assessments with Inspire Ability
- Free speech screening assessments for kids aged 3 -5 with Early Start Speech
- Access to NDIS services, child development and parent support
- Meet your local neighbourhood centres
- Kids entertainment area and workshops
For more information, visit the Lake Macquarie City Council website.
Started in late 2012 by a local mum, Newy with Kids has grown into a thriving go-to family guide for the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie & Hunter region. Parents visit the Newy with Kids website to find things to do with babies, kids and teens. Whether it’s local attractions, upcoming events, kids eat free, school holiday activities or birthday party ideas, Newy with Kids is the best website for local parents to find local kid-friendly activities and information 24/7.