Want to join the Newy with Kids writing team? The Newy with Kids team is expanding and we’re looking for a few good writers!
If you’re enthusiastic about Newy with Kids, have a talent for writing and photography and love doing fun things with your kids, apply to be a writer. We’re taking applications until September 8, 2019.
We are looking for parents with kids aged 0 -12 who live in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Cessnock, Port Stephens and everywhere in between who want to write about family fun.
Being part of the Newy with Kids writing team is a great opportunity for you to share information with thousands of other local families. This paid position allows you to work flexibly from your home around your family’s schedule. Ideal for those who want a casual side hustle or just a fun gig for a stay at home parent.
It’s anticipated that you’ll receive one or two writing assignments each month.
Writing assignments may include reviews of:
- Local attractions
- New exhibitions at museums or galleries
- Parks and playgrounds
- Local hikes or walks
- Kids concerts or performances
- Good writing skills. You don’t need professional writing skills but basic spelling and grammar is required
- Computer and internet access
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines is a must
- A camera or smartphone that can take high resolution photos
- Good photography skills as photos will be used on website and across social media
- ABN number
In this role, you will be choosing what you would like to write about from a list of upcoming topics, but content ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
The majority of writing opportunities are paid, and some are in exchange for ticket or admission to various events and performances.
Interested? Complete this 2-part application
- Fill in the form below
- Email us a sample of your writing and photography
Write a sample article (350 – 500 words) in the style of Newy with Kids on one of the following topics.
- Local park or playground that you’ve recently visited
- Recent kids concert or performance you’ve attended
- Local attraction that you’ve recently visited
Email your document in Word or text format and 1 to 3 related images to reena(at)newywithkids.com.au.
(This sample article is used to assess your writing and photography skills and will not be published on Newy with Kids).