In September 2020, Puffin commemorates its milestone 80th anniversary. Yes, that’s right – Puffin has been inspiring kids to read for 80 years with some truly iconic books.
Over the years, the Puffin imprint has birthed some of the most beloved, recognisable fictional characters in the world. From new Aussie classics like Alice-Miranda and Atticus Van Tasticus, to faithful favourites such as Matilda, Spot and the Very Hungry Caterpillar, Puffin characters bring joy to children everywhere. Have a look at your children’s bookshelf. It’s likely that you’ll find a selection of Puffin books.
Even Bluey is part of the Puffin library. Australia’s favourite Blue Heeler, Bluey, joined Puffin’s ranks in November 2019, with the first three titles cementing themselves as the second-, third- and fourth-highest selling Australian children’s books of the year.
To celebrate, Penguin Random House is rolling out exclusive Puffin water bottles to select bookstores around the country, free to customers who purchase any two Puffin books – while stocks last.
Participating local retailers include:
- Dymocks Charlestown Square
- Harry Hartog Kotara
- Harry Hartog Green Hills
Thanks to our friends at Penguin Random House, we’re thrilled to offer an exclusive giveaway bundle including 17 must-read Puffin books for little ones across a variety of age ranges (from baby books through to early first readers and middle-grade classics) and an exclusive Puffin water bottle.
The prize pack values at $250 includes:
- 1 x Puffin 80th water bottle
- 1 x Bluey: The Beach
- 1 x Bluey: Fun and Games, a colouring book
- 1 x Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid by Jeff Kinney
- 1 x Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- 1 x Matilda by Roald Dahl
- 1 x The BFG by Roald Dahl
- 1 x Where’s Spot by Eric Hill
- 1 x The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- 1 x Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy by Lynley Dodd
- 1 x Alice-Miranda at School by Jacqueline Harvey
- 1 x What Zola Did on Monday by Melina Marchetta
- 1 x No One Likes a Fart by Zoë Foster Blake
- 1 x Where is the Green Sheep? by Mem Fox and Judy Horacek
- 1 x There’s a Hippopotamus on Our Roof Eating Cake by Hazel Edwards
- 1 x Atticus Van Tasticus by Andrew Daddo and Stephen Michael King
- 1 x Friday Barnes 1: Girl Detective by R.A. Spratt
- 1 x Puffin Little Environmentalist: Composting
To Enter, fill in the form below and answer the question
“What’s your family’s favourite Puffin book and why?”
You can choose a book from the entire Puffin collection. Our favourite answer wins!
Just fill in the form below and answer the skill testing question. Good luck.
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED: WINNER IS A. WIBLEN
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- The name of the promotion is Newy with Kids Puffin 80th Anniversary
- The promoter is Newy with Kids in conjunction with Penguin Random House
- The conditions of entry are: answer the question provided, one entry per person. Contact details must be provided in the form.
- Employees, immediate family members, contributing writers, retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
- Competition opens Tuesday 25 August 2020 and will close on Friday 4 September 2020 at midnight (Newcastle time). Comments submitted after this time will not be considered for the giveaway.
- The entry mechanism is via 30 words or less and is a game of skill. The most creative answer will win. The winner will be awarded based on the strength of their creative answer to the question “What’s your family’s favourite Puffin book and why?”
- The prize is a Puffin book prize pack RRP $250.
- The results of the giveaway will be published on this site on Monday 7 September 2020. Winners will be notified via email.
- If winners cannot be contacted within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable.
- Judging will be done by Newy with Kids. Judge’s decision is final.
- The competition is open to Australian residents only.
- If for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control the agreed prize is not available a product of equal or greater value will be provided.
Started in late 2012 by a local mum and newcomer to Newcastle, Newy with Kids has grown into a thriving go-to family guide for the Newcastle & Hunter region. Parents visit the Newy with Kids website to find things to do with babies, kids and teens. Whether it’s local attractions, upcoming events, kids eat free, school holiday activities or birthday party ideas, Newy with Kids is the best website for local parents to find local kid-friendly activities and information 24/7.