If your family loves Supercars, take them to Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500. It’s back again in 2019 running from Friday 22 November to Sunday 24 November down at Newcastle’s East End. Enjoy all the the noise, action and excitement of Supercars with your kids. Here’s some tips to have a super day out with your family at the Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500.
How much does it cost for kids to attend Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500?
Kids 12 and under receive free Trackside admission with a paying adult. However, this doesn’t include access to the Saturday KISS concert. You’ll need a separate concert ticket.
What’s the best way to get to Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500?
Use public transportation to get to the race. There will be lots of extra services to manage the crowds. Your ticket includes free travel on public transport. Buses, ferries and trains heading into Newcastle are free for ticket holders across all 3 days. That even includes return trains from Sydney. A train will get you to Newcastle Interchange. You can then hop on the light rail to get to Supercars. The Stockton ferry goes from Stockton to Queens Wharf. From there, it’s a short walk to the race precinct.
What should our family bring to Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500?
- Bring something to sit on – Chairs, blankets and strollers are allowed at Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500.
- Pack noise protection – You’ll notice the noise as soon as you get there as the Supercars are loud. It’s sure to get your heart pumping. (Use kids-sized ear protection for kids. Make sure they fit properly and are comfortable so that they keep them on. We saw plenty of kids last year wearing earmuffs).
- Bring hats and sunscreen – Wear hats and sunscreen and try to find shade where you can. Trackside is pretty exposed so there’s not too much shade.
- Bring your own food and drinks – Save money and time by bringing your own snacks and drinks. Just note, that you can’t bring in glass bottles. Although you can buy food and drinks at Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500, the lines can be long and last year, a few places did run out of food and drinks. Pack lots of water or buy from kiosks to stay hydrated. Late November can be hot in Newcastle. If you do need to do a shop, you can visit the Food Works on Scott Street just immediately outside of the Supercars area. However, note that their food stocks can run low. Rumour has it, that they sold out of ice cream during last couple of Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500.
- Bring a reusable plastic or steel bottle (not glass) – Hunter Water will be providing free water at their bottle refill stations inside the Supercars precinct.
- Bring your swimmers – Yes, that’s right. You can watch the races and then go for a swim at Newcastle Beach. You’ll just have to go through the pedestrian tunnel by Newcastle Beach to exit. Remember to bring your tickets so you can get back in.
Where’s the best spot for families Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500?
Two options: Find a spot trackside to see the cars winding around Newcastle city, foreshore and beaches. Or if it’s too crowded and kids can’t see, find a spot near one of the big screens to see all of the action up close.
Situate yourself in close distance to toilets or portatoilets if your kids have a small bladder.
If you feel like a view to see all the action, head up to the hill above the race track.
What kids activities will there be at Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500?
Kids will enjoy the Supercars SuperKids Zone. The Zone is a fully fenced and secure area designed exclusively for parents and little people to relax, play, and test their racing abilities.
Kids can get active on the Inflatable Race Track, check their speed and reaction skills at the Fast Fan Challenge or test their tyre changing skills on one of our table top fun games.
What other activities are on in conjunction with Coates Hire Newcastle Supercars 500?
Saturday 23 November
Newcastle 500 Concert
Where: No.1 Sportsground, Cnr of Parry Street and Union Street, Newcastle West
Global superstars KISS headline the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 concert, supported by hometown heroes The Screaming Jets! Make the easy 2km walk through the City to eat, drink, and enjoy everything Newcastle has to offer before finishing off your night with this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to catch KISS in their final Australian tour. The Coates Hire Newcastle 500 concert is included in Gold or One Last KISS ticket. Tickets are limited.
For more information about Supercars, visit the Supercars website.
Latest posts by Newy with Kids (see all)
- Enjoy Family Flicks at Newcastle Permanent Cinema Under the Stars - September 19, 2019
- Enjoy Spectacular Views & Nature on theAwabakal Walk - September 18, 2019
- The 15 Best Board Games to Play on Family Game Night - September 17, 2019