Newcastle now has its own Monopoly board!
After much anticipation, the official Newcastle Monopoly board launched today at Newcastle Museum with the help of Mr Monopoly. You can now play the world’s most popular board game that
Wondering what the different places are? Over the past few months, thousands of people and businesses have had their say about possible landmarks and locations. These are the final selections.
What are the spaces on Newcastle Monopoly?
- Brown – Blackbutt Sanctuary and King Edward Park
- Light Blue – Fort Scratchley, Newcastle Ocean Baths, Customs House
- Pink – Newcastle Show, Surfest and MacDonald Jones Stadium
- Orange – Hunter Valley Gardens, Hope Estate Winery and Beyond Ballooning
- Red – Westfield Kotara, Darby Street and Hunter Street
- Yellow – Newcastle Beach, Bar Beach and Merewether Beach
- Green – The Lucky Hotel, Newcastle Museum, Newcastle Grammar School
- Dark Blue – ANZAC Memorial Walk and Nobbys Beach
Where can I see the game and meet Mr Monopoly?
You can get up close and personal with the brand-new game and
Where can you buy Monopoly: Newcastle edition?
The new Monopoly: Newcastle Edition is available now from leading toy retailers across the region. These include Timezone, The Games Shop at Charlestown Square and Stockland Green Hills, Frontline Hobbies, The Spinning Top in Adamstown and the Newcastle Shop at Newcastle Museum. RRP $59.99 although you can find it cheaper at $49.95 at The Games Shop and Big W. Some of these retailers offer the option to buy it online if you can’t make to a store.
To find out more, visit www.facebook.com/NewcastleMonopoly/
WIN A COPY OF NEWCASTLE MONOPOLY
Thanks to our friends at Winning Moves, Newy with Kids is giving away a Newcastle Monopoly Board Game. Fill in the form below and tell us wht your favourite square on the board is and why. Enter before midnight Sunday 20 October 2019.
CONGRATULATIONS TO WINNER: K. Mathieson
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- The name of the promotion is: Newcastle Monopoly Giveaway
- The promoter is Newy with Kids in conjunction with Winning Moves
- The conditions of entry are: answer the question provided, one entry per person, contact details must be provided in the above form.
- Employees, immediate family members, retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
- The giveaway will close on Sunday 20 October 2019 at midnight (Newcastle time). Comments submitted after this time will not be considered for the giveaway.
- This is a game of skill. The winners will be awarded based on the strength of their creative answer to the question “What is your favourite square of Newcastle Monopoly and why?”
- Judging will be done by Reena of Newy with Kids.
- The prize will be in the form of a Newcastle Monopoly Game
- The results of the giveaway will be published on this website on Tuesday 22 October 2019.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable. The total prize value is $59.99.
- The competition is open to Australian residents only.
- If for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control the agreed prize is not available a product of equal or greater value will be provided.
In 2012, Reena founded Newy with Kids to share information about family-friendly Newcastle. Originally from Canada, she had no idea about what to do with her toddler and after searching unsuccessfully for a local family guide, decided to start her own. Since that time, both the toddler and Newy with Kids have grown keeping Reena busy. If you see her out and about, say hi.