Explore the Southern Hemisphere’s biggest and most breathtaking display of over million lights. If your family loves Christmas lights, then the Christmas Lights Spectacular is the place to be. It’s a stunning Christmas attraction in the Hunter Valley.
The Christmas Lights Spectacular is back for 2018 with many different themed lights area including Candyland, Princess Castle and Around the World.
Get there early for food, entertainment and rides. The Christmas Lights Spectacular has three beautiful and permanent brand new rides to the line-up for visitors to enjoy. These include a Ferris Wheel, Carousel and Swing Chair.
The Christmas Lights Spectacular at Hunter Valley Gardens at Pokolbin runs from Friday 2 November to Sunday 27 January 2019 except Christmas Day
The Gardens open for Christmas lights viewing at 5:30pm and close at 10pm.
2018 Christmas Lights Spectacular tickets are on sale now:
Children (4-15 yrs) $25
Children (3 yrs & under) FREE
Family (2 Adults + 1 Child) $79
Family (2 Adults + 2 Child) $99
Family Pass Extra Child $21
Wristbands (Unlimited Rides*) $15
*Ride Tokens $6
*Rides are user pay and height restrictions apply.
Day + Night passes available
For more details on tickets and program, visit the Hunter Valley Gardens website.
Newy with Kids has been attending Christmas Lights Spectacular for the past few years. (Check out our review for the 2017 Hunter Valley Gardens Christmas Lights Spectacular)
Here’s our tips for a great visit:
- If you can visit on a day other than Friday or Saturday, do so. The crowds are larger on the weekends with lots of people traveling from Sydney, the Central Coast and elsewhere to view the lights.
- Check the HVG Facebook page before you set out to Hunter Valley Gardens to avoid disappointment. If there is adverse weather like storms, heavy rain or lightning, the Christmas Lights Spectacular will be cancelled.
- The ticket line is separated into Prepaid Tickets and Regular Ticket Line paying with Cash/EFTPOS. Prepare for a wait on busy nights.
- Bring mozzie spray in case the mosquitoes are biting. Cessnock Lions also have mozzie spray available for a donation.
- Bring the pram or stroller if you’re not sure that your young child will be able to walk for the whole time. The Christmas Light Spectacular covers a large area – 20 acres in fact. Comfortable shoes are a must for everyone.
- Bring another layer of clothing as it can get a bit cool at night.
- Take your time and enjoy all of the lights. It’s a wonderful event that the whole family will enjoy.
- Use your Entertainment Book coupon for 2 for 1 entry to the Christmas Lights Spectacular. Only accepted in person not for online prepaid tickets.
- Prepare for possible traffic snarls when you leave the Gardens. One year, we waited for 15 minutes as a queue of coaches picking up passengers were blocking the exit. Be patient and the volunteers will advise you how to get out.
Make sure that you don’t miss any of the other fun and family-friendly Christmas events in Newcastle and the Hunter, visit the Newy with Kids Guide to Christmas.