Grab your mouse ears and get ready for a party as Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends skates into Newcastle again. This year, Moana and Maui will be skating around the ice as part of the highly anticipated addition of Disney’s Moana to the show.
Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends celebrates 90 years of Mickey Mouse with Newcastle shows from Friday 12 July to Sunday 14 July 2019 (during school holidays) at Newcastle Entertainment Centre. The show features exciting moments from Disney Pixar’s Toy Story, Finding Dory, Moana, Inside Out and Frozen and will leave the whole family with memories that will last a lifetime.
This year, Mickey Mouse is joined by Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy on a journey to discover his favorite memory of all time. Using Mickey’s “Mouse Pad”, the show’s hosts encourage fans to be part of the action and help the gang venture though Disney stories, sharing memorable moments from treasured tales. Along the way, families sail away with Moana as she displays courage to save her island on a high-seas adventure with the demigod, Maui.
Families will continue the journey to the wintry world of Arendelle as royal sisters Anna and Elsa discover true love and experience the mysterious magic of Fantasia as a Sorcerer’s Apprentice makes brooms come to life.
Follow the unforgettable Dory through the unexplored seas of the Pacific Ocean, join the Toy Story pals on an exciting adventure and experience the emotional rollercoaster of Inside Out.
“Live Your Story” alongside Disney Princesses as they use perseverance, determination and hard work to inspire Mickey and children around the world to share their favorite Disney memories.
Here at Newy with Kids, we’re big fans of Disney On Ice as it’s an extravaganza of visual treats and musical delights. We love the costumes, inventive backdrops and of course the ice skating.
Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends runs for 1 hour, 40 minutes with a 15 – 20 minute intermission. Tickets start from just $33 and can be purchased through Ticketek: 132 849 or www.ticketek.com.au. (For the length of the program, we reckon it’s great family value). Children under 23 months are admitted free provided they sit on a parent or guardian’s lap. Children over 2 require a ticket. For more information visit www.disneyonice.com.au.
Thanks to our friends at Disney on Ice, Newy with Kids has some amazing prizes to give away this year.
“Money Can’t Buy” Grand Prize
A Sea Shell Cart ride on the ice during the Disney on Ice performance. This experience provides the chance for 4 children (between 4-10 years old) to become part of the show. Children interact with characters from Finding Dory. This comes with 8 tickets to Disney on Ice and 2 Disney on Ice merchandise packs.
2 Runner Up Prizes
Family pack of tickets (4 tickets) to Disney on Ice Newcastle on Friday 12 July 2019 and a Disney on Ice merchandise pack.
To enter, fill in the following form and answer the following question.
Who is your favourite Disney character and why?
Our favourite answer wins! Competition ends at midnight on Sunday 21 April 2019. Good luck!
CONGRATULATIONS TO A. FENNELL for winning the Grand Prize and V. MAIN and M. GARDNER for winning Runner Up Prizes.
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- The name of the promotion is: Disney on Ice Giveaway
- The promoter is Newy with Kids in conjunction with Disney on Ice
- The conditions of entry are: answer the question provided, one entry per person, contact details must be provided in entry form.
- Employees, immediate family members, retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
- The giveaway will close on Sunday 21 April 2019 at midnight (Newcastle time). Comments submitted after this time will not be considered for the giveaway.
- This is a game of skill. The winners will be awarded based on the strength of their creative answer to the question “Who is your favourite Disney character and why?”
- Judging will be done by Reena of Newy with Kids.
- The prize will be in the form of Money Can’t Buy experience and Disney on Ice tickets which will be provided to the main winner and four tickets and a merchandise bag provided to two runner-up winners.
- The results of the giveaway will be published on this website on Tuesday 23 April 2019.
- Winners will be contacted via email and / or mobile. If a winner does not claim their prize within 48 hours of contact, a new winner will be chosen.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable. The total prize value is $1000.
- The competition is open to Australian residents only.
- If for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control the agreed prize is not available a product of equal or greater value will be provided.