Are you ready to improve your daughters’ physical activity levels, sport skills, social-emotional wellbeing and spend quality time together?
The award-winning Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered program (formally known as DADEE) is looking for dads who wants to spend quality time with their primary school-aged daughters (K – 6) participating in fun physical activities, whilst learning how to improve her sport skills, confidence, self-esteem and resilience.
Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered run by The University of Newcastle is an award-winning, community-based program, which engages fathers in positive lifestyle role modelling and effective parenting strategies to improve the physical activity behaviours, physical confidence, sport skills and social-emotional wellbeing of their daughters.
Importantly, Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered also targets girls to improve the fitness and physical activity levels, and parenting skills of their fathers.
The DADEE program:
- Is a world first ‘Dads and Daughters’ program designed to increase physical activity levels and the social and emotional wellbeing of young girls.
- Involves 1 x Dads-only workshops (Monday -Thursday), 12- 15 October from 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
- Involves 8 x Daughters and Dads weekly sessions (Mon-Thursday running from 19 October – 10 December from 5:45pm – 7:15pm delivered by university trained facilitators.
- Builds confidence, self-esteem and resilience in girls.
- Teaches girls sports skills through fun games and physical activities.
The program will be running in Term 4, 2020 at local schools.
Limited spots available so register soon to avoid disappointment.
**Please be advised in view of the current COVID-19 situation, DADEE will ensure compliance throughout the program with relevant NSW Government Public Health guidelines including social distancing and hygiene practices**
Started in late 2012 by a local mum and newcomer to Newcastle, Newy with Kids has grown into a thriving go-to family guide for the Newcastle & Hunter region. Parents visit the Newy with Kids website to find things to do with babies, kids and teens. Whether it’s local attractions, upcoming events, kids eat free, school holiday activities or birthday party ideas, Newy with Kids is the best website for local parents to find local kid-friendly activities and information 24/7.