The Newcastle V8s returns to Newcastle in 2019. Enjoy the action and excitement of Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars. Here’s ticket & event information plus transport and accommodation tips for the 2019 Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars.
When is the 2019 Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars race?
The race is will run over three days from Friday, November 22, to Sunday, November 24. The two main 250km races are on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Where is the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars race being held?
The Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars is being held in the East End of Newcastle, NSW
What does the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars race track look like?
Here’s the circuit map from the 2018 event.
Who is headlining the 2019 Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Saturday Concert?
Global superstars KISS will headline the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 concert, supported by hometown heroes The Screaming Jets! This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to catch KISS in their final Australian tour. A 2019 “Rock’n’Race” ticket will give you access to both the concert, located at the No.1 Sportsground in Newcastle West, plus the 2019 Coates Hire Newcastle 500. Tickets are limited.
What tickets are still available for Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars?
Some Grandstands are sold out already. But there are a few available as well as General Admission trackside tickets so get in quick if you want them. Kids 12 and under receive free Trackside admission with a paying adult – but no access to the KISS concert. Click here to purchase your tickets from Ticketek.
How much are tickets for Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars?
The 3-Day Platinum Reserved Grandstand provide a premium experience for your weekend at the Coates Hire Newcastle 500. Your ticket will guarantee an allocated undercover seat, providing protection from the elements.
- 3 day ticket (no concert) : Adult- $327 Concession $395
- 3 day ONE LAST KISS ticket (including KISS concert) : Adult- $444 Concession $424
Soak up the atmosphere of this unique street circuit, bordered by the beach of one side and the harbour on the other. Wander around the race precinct and immerse yourself in the buzz of the event on the streets of Newcastle.
- 3 day ticket (no concert): Adult- $123 Concession- $102
- 3 day ONE LAST KISS ticket (including KISS concert) : Adult- $240 Concession $220
- 2 day ticket Sat/Sun (no concert): Adult- $118 Concession- $97
- 2 day ONE LAST KISS ticket (including KISS concert) : Adult- $235 Concession $215
- Friday only (no concert): Adult- $51 Concession- $36
- Saturday only ONE LAST KISS ticket (including KISS concert): Adult- $199 Concession- $184
- 1 Day (Saturday or Sunday only – no concert): Adult- $82 Concession- $67
Kids 12 years and under receive free track-side admission with a paying adult.
Pit Lane Walk:
Get closer to the action than you ever have before – in Pit Lane! Take a behind the scenes look through the epicentre of all the action in pit lane at the Coates Hire Newcastle 500. Witness teams and drivers in preparation for the gruelling 500km of racing. Three Pit Lane Walk sessions are available per day – get in quick as tickets are limited. Single Walk – $31
Tickets can be purchased through Ticketek online. Prices listed do not include a transaction fee. Concession price applies to full time students, seniors, pensioners and patrons with disability cards. Kids 12 years and under receive free track-side admission with a paying adult. If kids wish to attend KISS concert, they need to purchase a ticket.
How do I get to Newcastle?
Drive, fly or take the train. Newcastle is a 2 hour drive from Sydney on the M1. You can also fly into Newcastle from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ballina, Dubbo, Canberra and most recently Auckland in New Zealand. As one of the sponsors, Virgin Australia has created special flight and accommodation packages for those wishing to travel to Newcastle to enjoy the Coates Hire Newcastle 500. Enjoy exclusive benefits with every Supercars travel package. Click here for more information.
You can also take the train north from Sydney or south from Brisbane or Armidale. Check out the CountryLink website for more details.
Where should I stay in Newcastle for the Coates Hire Newcastle 500?
That depends on what you kind of accommodation you want and your budget. There’s a variety of accommodation available including hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, guesthouses and self contained accommodation. The closer to the track, the more you’ll pay. Here’s a list of different accommodation options.
What’s the best way to get to Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars?
Supercars tickets (single day or package types) include travel to and from Newcastle race precinct on public transport. Plan your public transport journey with the Transport NSW Journey Planner available from the Transport NSW website or by calling TransLink on 131 500. The best way to travel to the 2019 Newcastle Supercars event is by public transport as parking is limited in areas surrounding the event.
To get to the CBD, use trains, buses or the Stockton ferry. There will be lots of extra services to manage the crowds over the three days. If you’re coming by train, you’ll arrive at Newcastle Interchange in Wickham. You can then jump on the light rail to get to Supercars. The Stockton ferry goes from Stockton to Queens Wharf. From there, it’s a short walk or light rail trip to the race precinct.
Should I bring the family to Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars?
Kids 12 and under receive free Trackside admission with a paying adult so yes, bring them along. Check out this Newy with Kids article for tips on taking kids to Newcastle Supercars.
Where are the best spots to see the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars?
The best places are in the grandstands or in a corporate box! But if you’ve only got Trackside tickets, you can get still get great views of all the action. A Supercar fan who attended last year rates the area by the turns. He suggests hanging out at Turn 3 (top of Shortland Esplanade), Turn 6 (Pacific Park at Newcastle Beach near the pedestrian underpass) or Turn 11 (Nobbys Beach.
What should I bring to Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars?
- If you have trackside tickets, bring something to sit on. Chairs, blankets and strollers are allowed at Newcastle Supercars.
- Pack noise protection. You’ll notice the noise as soon as you get there as those V8s are loud. It’s sure to get your heart pumping.
- Bring hats and sunscreen. Wear hats and sunscreen and try to find shade where you can. Trackside is pretty exposed so there’s not too much shade.
- Bring your own food and drinks. Save money and time by bringing your own snacks and drinks. Just note, that you can’t bring in glass bottles. Although you can buy food and drinks at Supercars, the lines can be long and last year, a few places did run out of food and drinks. Pack lots of water or buy from kiosks to stay hydrated. Late November can be hot in Newcastle. If you do need to do a shop, you can visit the Food Works on Scott Street just immediately outside of the Supercars area. However, note that their food stocks can run low. Rumour has it, that they sold out of ice cream during last couple of Supercars.
- Bring your swimmers. Yeah, that’s right. You can watch Supercars and then go for a swim at Newcastle Beach to cool off. You’ll just have to through the pedestrian tunnel by Newcastle Beach to exit. Remember to bring your tickets so you can get back in.
What else should we do in Newcastle while we’re here for Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Supercars?
There’s so much to do in Newcastle region. Stay a few days before and/or after the 2019 Coates Hire Newcastle 500 and enjoy all that’s on offer. Here’s a list of places that we recommend that you visit.
For more information about Supercars, visit the Supercars website.
Latest posts by Newy with Kids (see all)
- Enjoy Family Flicks at Newcastle Permanent Cinema Under the Stars - September 19, 2019
- Enjoy Spectacular Views & Nature on theAwabakal Walk - September 18, 2019
- The 15 Best Board Games to Play on Family Game Night - September 17, 2019