‘Tis the season to be making special memories with your family. Whether it’s looking at Christmas lights, going to carols in the park or just hanging out watching a movie, spend some quality time with your kids.
Here’s 15 fun activities to do with your kids at Christmas.
- Sing along to Christmas carols with your friends and family. There’s loads of local carols to choose from.
- Send a letter to Santa. (Kids will get a reply back from Santa). Use address Santa, North Pole, 9999
- Make Christmas crafts like making ornaments, Christmas cookies or decorating gingerbread houses.
- Read a Christmas kids book with your kids.
- Get a photo with Santa. Here’s a list of local places to get a photo with the big guy.
- Visit the seafood co-op and eat your weight in seafood.
- Go see Christmas lights.
- Stage an ugly sweater Christmas portrait session.
- Enjoy food, entertainment and browse for gifts at Christmas markets. There’s heaps to choose from around the region. Suggestions: Newcastle and Lake Macquarie Farmers Markets, Olive Tree Market and Five Senses Market.
- Eat your way through a box of mangoes.
- Watch a Christmas movie with your kids. Here’s some suggestions.
- Hit the beach at Christmas time to make your Northern hemisphere friends and family envious.
- Create a special Christmas cocktail (or mocktail if you want to share it with the kids).
- Listen to some Christmas tunes with the Newy with Kids Christmas Spotify playlist.
- Follow Santa’s progress on Christmas Eve on the NORAD Santa Tracker.
Any other suggestions for Christmas family fun?